Sometimes your life might require you to leave your belongings behind for an extended period of time. This could be due to a long-vacation, a temporary move, or something else altogether. Whatever the reason, it requires you to store items while you are away.
When you’re someplace else the last thing you want to be thinking about is your belongings back home. How do you know they’ll be safe? How do you ensure they’ll be free from damage?
Benefits Of A Storage Unit
A Woodbridge storage unit can ease a lot of stress and strain during your travels. You’ll know exactly where your goods are, you know that they’ll be protected and safe, and you won’t have to put the burden of your items on family or friends.
Most storage unit facilities offer a flexible storage structure which allows you to either extend or cut short the amount of time you’re storing your goods.
If you need to store larger items, such as, a vehicle or home furniture you can store those goods along with your regular household items.
Renting a Woodbridge storage unit will give you peace of mind that otherwise might be hard to find while you’re off living or visiting some place else.
Important Items To Consider Storing
When you’re taking an extended trip there are certain items you’ll definitely want to keep safe in a storage unit.
These items include: home furniture, large electronics, appliances, books, vehicles and seasonal clothing. Basically, anything you won’t be bringing with you.
Tips For Packing And Storing
When you have a multitude of items to store away you’ll want to pack these items effectively, so they won’t become damaged in storage. The tips below will help to keep your items safe:
- Use bubble wrap for all fragile items, including kitchenware and glassware.
- Use sturdy boxes, or plastic bins for all your items. Weaker boxes will lose their integrity over time and won’t hold a lot of weight.
- Use plastics stretch wrap or sheeting to cover all your furniture, including wooden furniture. This will protect it during the move and while in storage.
- Don’t overstuff boxes.
- For any mechanical items or outdoor equipment make sure to drain the fuel tanks so there won’t be any leaks.
- Label everything. This will make the unpacking process much easier and stress free.
By renting a Woodbridge self-storage unit you can ensure your goods are safe while you’re gone.
We hope you consider Gateway Storage, the premier self-storage facility across Northern Virginia. We love serving our customers across the Alexandria, Woodbridge, Springfield, and Northern Virginia areas.