Sigh…though we really don’t like this topic because it means that it’s going to start getting colder out, it is important to be prepared when Winter comes. Unless you’re headed to Orlando or Gulf Shores Alabama this Winter, you’ll need to “winterize” your RV so it’s ready when Spring comes around. Here’s a quick checklist of how to prepare your RV for Winter storage:
- Turn off everything – turn off the LP gas tank and the thermostat. You’ll also want to empty out your water heater, water tank, and holding tank
- Inspect the exterior – check the outside of your RV for any cracks, seals or seam leaks, and repair those. Close all windows and roof vents. Wash and wax your RV, then protect it from the elements with an RV cover
- Clean the interior – clean the carpets, counters, and surfaces. Essentially wipe down everything. You don’t want to open your RV after the Winter and find a funky sell. Close the blinds to protect the interior from sunlight
- Clean out the fridge – a must-do. Throw out anything perishable in the fridge and cabinets. Defrost your fridge, wipe it down, and place an open box of baking soda to absorb odors
- Get your RV a checkup – take your RV to get serviced and lubricated
- Check on your RV monthly – even after you’ve put it in storage, it’s good to go by and check on it monthly. The cover may have blown off and you want to just do a visual check for any cuts in the cover or any other damage. Better to catch any problems early!
Needing a place to store your RV for the Winter? Gateway Storage Center has your answer. We provide RV parking and storage solutions for Springfield, Alexandria, Fairfax, and the surrounding Northern Virginia area. We offer flexible terms and affordable prices at our secure facility located right off of I-95 in Lorton, VA.
Give us a call today or stop by to learn more about our RV storage services!