We all have our preferences when it comes to our vehicles: trucks vs. cars vs. minivans. When it comes to RVs, there are just about as many choices as red sports cars. When it comes to RVs, there are three main types:
- Motorhomes (which include bus conversions)
- Travel trailers (also known as towables)
- Truck campers
- Class A are the largest and are the ones most people think of when they think of RVs. These are the ones the College Gameday Boys roll around in.
- Class B are the smallest, built on a van chassis. Though some live in these full time, most don’t. They’re meant for shorter periods of live-in time.
- Class C which are in the middle, also built on a van chassis, and feature the extended section over the cab which normally has an extra bed in it
Towables are the ones you pull behind your truck (or car). They include travel trailers (in British, these are the “caravans”), fifth wheels, teardrop trailer, and pop-up campers. Travel trailers and fifth wheels are the most convenient for long-time living. Fifth wheels are the big boys that need to be pulled by a pickup or heavy duty truck. Some of these can be as big as 40ft-long and weigh up to 18,000 pounds. Travel trailers tend to be less expensive than fifth wheels. Fifth wheels offer more living space and are easier to tow than travel trailers.
Truck campers are temporary units that fit in the bed of your pickup. These are mainly used for hunters, fishermen, and other backwoods travelers. These are popular in North America.
So there you have it: your rundown of RVs. Now you just need to decide what you want an RV for, and then go find the right one that fits your needs.
And when you’ve found the RV that’s perfect for you, you’re going to need a place to store it! Gateway Storage Center provides RV parking and storage for all varieties of RVs. You can even park your towables with your RV. Our secure, well-lit facility features extra-wide aisle ways, snow removal for those Winter days (just around the corner), and 24-hour gate access. We offer affordable rates and flexible terms, so you can choose the option that best fits your RV parking needs.
Give us a call today or stop by and visit us! We’re conveniently located in Lorton, VA, just off of I-95. Hope to see you soon!